Monday, October 27, 2014

About Me

My name is Emily McCullough. I am from Pine Bluff, Arkansas and recently moved to Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I am a transfer student at Henderson State University. Currently I am majoring in Middle Level Education, but as the semester progresses, I have decided that the teaching field is not for me. However, I would still like to be part of the school atmosphere as a school counselor. At the beginning of the semester I was so excited to become a teacher, but I began having doubts quickly. I prayed that God would reveal to me what my purpose in life would be. After many prayers, God revealed to me that my purpose is to be a school counselor. My interest has always been with working with children so I know being a school counselor will fulfill my lifelong dream. I have already obtained my Associates Degree from SEARK College in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I thought that I was only going to be at Henderson State University for two years considering I had already been in college for two years. To my surprise, I was told the teaching program was going to take me three years to complete. Now that I plan on changing my major, I'm sure I will be at HSU longer. It was not my plan nor what I wanted, but God has a plan.

 Being a college student is extremely difficult for me. At the age of 17 I was diagnosed with both short and long term memory loss. I have to try harder than most students to obtain information needed for tests. Although at times I feel extremely discouraged, I know that My Lord and Savior is with me. I place all of my faith in Him. When I am troubled with thoughts of my success and failures, my husband, Kris, comes to my rescue! I got married on June 7th, 2014 to my best friend! He encourages me daily to press on and that all of my hard work will pay off in the long run! I feel very blessed despite my learning disability.
Instead of a unity cross or sand, we chose to wash each others hands representing "servitude" towards one another. First and foremost, if you are a child of the King, you are His bought with a price. When you take the vows of marriage, it's not about "you" anymore. What a difference it would make in our divorce rates today if every couple would "die to self" continually and consider and serve their partner daily.
"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water." -Hebrews 10:22 

The thing I enjoy the most is spending time with my family. My mom and dad have been married for 23 years. I have one sibling named Lauren and she is married to a wonderful godly man, Zach Beggs. We all enjoy fishing and hunting together which makes for a lot of fun memories! 



My husband and I share many of the same interests, but one interest in particular is our love for the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS! 



I am starting this blog for my Educational Technology class at Henderson State University. The purpose of my blog will be to inform my followers of the latest technologies used in the Education field as well as follow events that take place in my life. 


4 comments:

  1. I love the Arkansas Razorbacks, too! I look forward to a future blog about the Razorback game you went to a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I sure do have lots of emotions about that game! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the faith you have in your marriage through God, that is amazing and something I don't see very often! And I love the Razorbacks! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! My husband and I have great examples of godly marriages and strive to keep God first!

    ReplyDelete